The rims for Tacoma and wheels are what many owners get after getting a Toyota Tacoma. But, if you don’t get prepared for it, a simple process can become a nightmare.
Most off-roaders and outdoor enthusiasts opt for the Toyota Tacoma, which is the most popular midsize truck. Tacoma rims are a great way to customize your vehicle. Since there are a variety of different choices of great rims. You are likely to get confused about picking the rim that works the great. To help you out in your search to find great rims, I have put together a list of all the top choices of rims. Intrigued? Let’s read below.
Things to consider before buying:
Offset A mounting pad’s offset is determined by its position relative to the wheel’s centerline. A 0 offset means that the mounting pad gets directly aligned at the center of the wheel. In positive offset, the mounting pad gets positioned out towards the wheel’s outer side. While in a negative balance, the mounting pad is in the inside position. Meaning, in positive offset the wheels are closer or inward to the truck. When in negative offset the wheels are set in an outwards position. A negative offset is when the truck gets lifted to install a wider wheel and tire setup.
Tacoma Tire Sizes Getting great rims and tires for Toyota Tacoma can be confusing if you don’t know about the two primary readings for measurements. These are the metrics and tire sizing standards.
Steel: Steel wheels are downright the premium off-road wheels for Tacoma. They come at a much cheaper price than aluminum wheels. Their construction is very solid, and they perform extremely well off-road.
Best Rims for Tacoma 2023
Here is the list of top Rims that you can find on the market
|Helo HE835 Gloss Black Machined Wheel||10 [Editor's Choice]|
|RockTrix RT107 17 inch Wheel||9|
|Pro Comp Alloys Series 32 Wheel||8|
|RockTrix RT111 17 inch Wheel||8.5|
|RockTrix RT110 17 inch Wheel||7.5|
|PRO COMP Series 31 Stryker Matte Black Wheel||7|
Check our Best Differential Fluids
1. Helo HE835 Gloss Black Machined Wheel
Why we love it:
- These wheels are available in 17″, 18″, 20″, and 22″ diameters.
- It has aluminum construction which makes it lighter and sturdy.
- Super stylish black and silver mesh design.
- Weather-resistant glossy finish.
|✅Modern and stylish design.||❌It would be best if you got lugs separately.|
|✅Available in different Tacoma rims sizes.||❌High price.|
|✅The milled accents have a unique outlook.|
Are you looking for the best-looking rims for Tacoma? The Helo HE835 Gloss Black Machined Wheel is the perfect choice for you. These are just what you need to add a touch of customization for your Tacoma truck. The silver and black mesh design pattern of the wheels adds to the overall aesthetics of the wheel. As for the milled accents, they also look super classy with attention to every small detail.
This rim is available in 17 X 8 inches, 18 X 9 inches, and 20 X 9 inches. It comes with a bolt pattern of 5.5 Inches with 0 millimeters offset and 2200lbs weight capacity. Besides, it offers 4.5 inches wheel backspacing.
Why get this?
The glossy finish has excellent weather resistance adds gives an aggressive style to your Tacoma. Furthermore, because there are a variety of rim sizes, everyone can find the right fit.
- It comes with fitments that work with not just Tacoma but several other models of cars, light trucks, and SUVs.
- It gives your vehicle an aggressive look.
- A lifetime warranty is provided on these rims.
- It helps to define and adds a unique look to your Tacoma truck.
2. RockTrix RT107 17 inch Wheel
Why we love it:
- The bore of the rim is about 106.1 having an offset of -12 and a backspacing of 4.5″
- The rims have a 6×5.5″ (6×139.7) bolt pattern.
- It comes in 17×9 inches size.
- The 6 V-Spoke design has a unique sports styling that looks amazing with Toyota Tacoma
|✅Affordable price.||❌Lug nuts don't come included in the package.|
|✅Stylish layout.||❌Separate steam valves may be needed.|
The RockTrix RT107, 17-inch Wheels, is one of the premium rims for Tacoma 2023. One of the premium things about these wheels is that they can be used for both off-roading and on-roading. It comes with a black mat aluminum construction that is sturdy yet stylish at the same time. Besides, the 6 V-Spoke design has a unique sports styling that looks amazing with Toyota Tacoma.
It comes in a 17×9 inches size with a 6×139.7 bolt pattern. The bore of the rim is about 106.1 having an offset of -12 and a backspacing of 4.5″. It weighs 28 lbs and can carry 2000 pounds.
Why get this?
There is a 2-inch difference in inside clearance depending on the Toyota wheels you have. All in all, these are just premium off-road rims that come at a very reasonable price range.
- These rims have excellent resistance to withstand the most extreme Overlanding.
- It comes with maximum fender/tire compatibility and works well with different lift kits and big tires.
- These come in two unique matt black and bronze colors.
- The RockTrix RT107 wheels are the perfect partner you need on your off-roading adventure.
3. Pro Comp Alloys Series 32 Wheel
Why we love it:
- These 16×8-inch wheels are also available in 17 or 18-inch tires for Tacoma.
- The Hub bore of these rims is 108mm.
- It comes with a 6-offset rating.
- The wheels have a black finish that offers excellent weather resistance.
|✅Beautiful painted black finish.||❌You need to buy lug nuts separately.|
|✅Solid construction perfect for rugged terrains.||❌Beadlock is just a style addition.|
|✅Easy maintenance.||❌It requires a spacer for an ideal fit.|
The Pro Comp Alloys Series 32 Wheels are one of the premium black rims for Tacoma that you can get. These come in variable sizes and have a maximum load rating of about 2200 pounds. These alloy steel wheels are super light in weight and super sturdy at the same time. The sleek yet classic construction comes with an adequate amount of backspacing.
It comes in a 16×8″ size with 6×139.7mm bolt patterns. While the hub bore of the rim is about 108 inches, an offset of -6, and has 4.5 inches of backspacing. It weighs around 24 pounds and has a load capacity of 2200lbs.
Why get this?
It comes with a high offset brake clearance and the lightweight gives excellent fuel efficiency. This makes it an ideal choice for Tacoma and works as the premium 16-inch rims for Toyota Tacoma stock.
- These are the cheapest rims that you can get for your Toyota Tacoma.
- The wheels come with adequate backspacing to give an aggressive look to your truck.
- The logo on the center cap further enhances the overall look of the rims.
4. RockTrix RT111 17 inch Wheel
Why we love it:
- These rims come with a 6×5.5″ bolt pattern and a 17×9 wheel size
- You get to have about 1/2″ in space for inner clearance
- Perfect for SUVs, Tacoma trucks, Ford Ranger and Lexus.
- These come in super chic mat black and bronze finish.
|✅Versatile functionality.||❌The valve stem doesn't come along.|
|✅Great value for money.||❌Some users faced rubbing issues.|
|✅The black finish stays intact even in the most extreme weather conditions.|
The RockTrix RT111, 17 inch Wheels, works as the premium rims for Tacoma 2020. It features a one-piece cast aluminum construction with a modern take on the traditional bullet hole design. You get to have about 1/2″ in space for inner clearance. It gives enough space for suspension components in case you of additional customization.
These rims come with a 6×5.5″ bolt pattern and a 17×9 wheel size. It has a -12mm offset and a hub bore of 106.1mm. Which gives it a 2″ more clearance than the factory wheels.
Why get this?
These are just premium rims with rigid and sturdy construction. Because of this, it’s perfect for off-roading on rough terrain. Not only does it look good but gives an amazing performance.
- The teardrop design of the rims has a timeless classic yet modern infusion look.
- These come in both 5 and 6 lug options with fitments for a diverse range of vehicles.
- The wheels have a solid construction to ensure maximum rigidity & long life.
- The beefy spokes of the rims compliment any kind of tire you fit on it.
5. RockTrix RT110 17 inch Wheel
Why we love it:
- Classic mesh type design.
- It comes with seven split spokes and a simulated bead lock.
- The rims have a very rugged yet stylish outlook.
- These rims fit a whole variety of SUVs and trucks.
|✅Perfect for off-roading.||❌Fenders, leveling kit, or lift kit needed to fit bigger sized tires.|
|✅Durable built doesnt crack, bend or vibrate.||❌The bronze color looks different in pictures than in actual.|
|✅Rims have a lightweight yet rigid feel.|
The RockTrix RT110, 17-inch Wheels, is one of the premium off-road wheels for Tacoma. These have an exquisite finish and high-quality Aluminum construction. There are steel rivets and a simulated bead lock on the classic mesh design.
The 17×9 inch rims have a 6×5.5″ bolt pattern and a -12 Offset rating with about 4.5″ backspacing. Also, they have a load capacity of about 2200 lbs with a 106.1mm wheel center bore.
Why get this?
In short, these are just the best rims for Tacoma. The rims give you 1/2″ of additional inner clearance and come in a rugged yet refined design.
- The seven split-spoke mesh design of the wheels goes well with any tire.
- The wheel offset gives a 2’ more clearance compared to OEM wheels.
- You can get these wheels in both 5 and 6 lug options.
- These multi-spoke wheels add a very sporty and rugged look to your Toyota Tacoma.
6. PRO COMP Series 31 Stryker Matte Black Wheel
Why we love it:
- From 15 to 20 inches, there are a variety of sizes available.
- Accommodates several types of vehicles.
- Solid, durable steel alloy construction.
- The matt black coating protects the wheel from oxidation.
|✅Great price.||❌Lug nuts don't come along with rims.|
|✅Easy to maintain and clean.||❌You need to install spacers for a better fit.|
|✅Rigid, resilient construction.|
PRO COMP Series 31 Stryker Matte Black Wheel is one of the premium aftermarket Tacoma wheels you can find. It uses state-of-the-art casting technology for giving added strength and durability to the wheels. While the Pro Comp Alloys offer excellent offset brake clearance.
The offset of the wheels measures about -47 mm to 0 mm. While the 16 inches X 8 inches aluminum construction comes with a five-bolt wheel, it gives better fuel efficiency and performance on the road.
Why get this?
The Pro Comp Alloys used in the construction give it extra durability to last years and years of use. There is yet another great thing about these rims. This product is also available with five- and six-bolt holes.
- The Split 8 Spoke Design on the premium 16 inch wheels for Tacoma mounts well on all kinds of tires.
- This product is very durable and very affordable.
- It offers massive brake clearance for many different models of Jeeps, trucks, and SUVs.
Why we love it:
- Split five designs with TRD PRO Spoke.
- Attractive matt black finish.
- An authentic design by Toyota Racing Development (TRD).
- You can even paint over your TRD wheels for more customization.
|✅Boosts performance.||❌It doesn’t fit the 2020 Tacoma.|
|✅Aesthetically pleasing design.|
The PTR20-35110-BK rims are just one of the best rims for Tacoma. It is a genuine rim developed by Toyota Racing Development (TRD) having a TRD logo center cap.
The premium thing about this rim is that it has a unique and different design other than any rims you can find. Besides, these get built specifically to endure wear and tear more than conventional rims and tires. The cast aluminum wheel comes in 17-in. x 7- Inches size along with a 6-lug nut pattern. It offers 11-mm. with 4-mm wheel offset.
Why get this?
It is surely the premium rims for 2018 Tacoma that comes in a classic TRD PRO Spoke design. Your Tacoma will be able to handle any terrain you throw at it.
- The aluminum alloy used in wheels is super light and helps in the acceleration of the truck.
- The painted finish is super easy to clean.
- They give the most amazing off-roading experience.
- RTX, Steel Rim, New Aftermarket Wheel
- Pacer Black Modular 15 Black Wheel/Rim
- PRO COMP Series 05 Torq Matte Black
Having read the article, I hope you won’t have a hard time finding the best rims for Tacoma. The rims, offset, and aftermarket rims mentioned in mine will surely give the premium performance. But, amongst all the RTX rims are sure going to elevate the performance of your Toyota Tacoma.
Before you go on and get a wheel or rim for your Tacoma, it is advisable to do proper research. A Tacoma wheel and tire package that looks good might not go well with your truck. You can also end up investing all your money in a package that doesn’t fit well with your truck. The following is a guide to help you choose the premium rims for Tacoma I have listed down some essential points that you need to look out for.
When it comes to getting the premium rims for Tacoma it always remembers the 3% rule. Before changing the ride height or wheels, you need to increase the height and width of the tires by 3%.
It is the hole in the center of a wheel that is called the center bore. From here, the wheel gets centered around the hub. When getting a rim, you need to make sure the hole matches the Hub, significantly when tightening lugs. Wheels in an aftermarket usually have a centering ring. They work to reduce the size of the bore, so it’s easy to fit in the Hub of any material. When lugs get torqued the ring keeps the wheels in place.
Bolt Pattern/Bolt Circle
On your wheel, you can see the bolt pattern in the form of a circle with four to eight bolts. It would be premium to make sure that the number of bolts matches the number of holes on the wheel. Also, you need to know the exact number of bolt circles; otherwise, your wheel won’t fit properly.
Same as any other tire, Tacoma tires also use a metric system to determine their sizing. E.g., 195/75R14 is an expected reading of a Tacoma tire. In this reading, the first 195 mm means the tire width. The next thing to check is the sidewall measurement. In the tire reading given, the sidewall measurement is the 75% width of the tire. The last number of the height defines whether or not your if the rim will fit the tire. The reading 195/75R14 tells us that the tire is going to fit a 14-inch rim. While calculating the tire’s height, you need to take out the 75% of 195mm then multiply it by two. Later convert the result to inches and add it to the rim height. This will give you the height of the tire you need for a proper fit.
Tacoma tires have standard measurements depending upon the model and year. Like the Tacoma models between the years 1995 to 2018, all have different tire and wheels measurements.
If you are planning to take your Tacoma for off-roading, then you need to have unique wheels. Wheels are made of sturdy and durable materials to have better resistance, perfect for rugged use to withstand all the stress. For off-roading, the premium choice of wheels to get on rugged terrains is either aluminum or steel wheels. Both are perfect for use, but each has its advantages.
All the premium aftermarket Tacoma wheels have an aluminum construction. The reason for this is that aluminum wheels are extremely lightweight. As a result, you can go faster and stop whenever you want. Aluminum wheels cost more, so many people are not interested in purchasing them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are nice rims worth it?
Rims not only enhance the overall look of your Tacoma truck. But, the premium rims for Tacoma also improve the overall performance giving a more smooth feel. The size changes also significantly impact the overall alignment, handling, acceleration, and braking.
Why are black rims popular?
The most common perception of black rims is that the darker the wheels, the smaller the size. Even if you get rims with a large size, they won’t look too apparent due to their dark color. Also, the black rims look super stylish along with a white exterior.
Do lightweight rims make a difference?
Yes, all the premium rims and tires for Tacoma are super light. The main reason behind this is that the more golden the wheel or the edges, the better the performance. It is because lightweight rims help to reduce the overall mass of the vehicle. It, in turn, helps the suspension to work more effectively.
References & Source:
- 8 Best Cold Air Intakes for Tacoma in 2023【Buying Guide】
- What are Tacoma TRD Pro Wheels? [Guide 2023]
- Best Waterproof Seat Cover For Tacoma in 2023【Reviewed】
- 12 Best Off-Road Tires For Tacoma in 2023【All-Terrain】
- 10 Best Tacoma Seat Covers in 2023 [Top Picks]
- Best Camper Shells For Tacoma in 2023【Truck Caps】
Toyota Tacomas come stock with a range of rim sizes, including 16'' rims, 17'' rims and 18'' rims.How do I choose the right rim? ›
We typically like the wheel diameter to be less than half the overall tire diameter. For example, a 17-inch wheel would be the max for a 35-inch tire. Tire manufacturers list a range of recommended wheel widths for each specific tire. They typically recommend a wheel that is 2-3 inches narrower than the tire.What is the bolt pattern on a 2023 Toyota Tacoma? ›
All 2016 - 2023 Toyota Tacoma's feature a 6x139. 7 or 6x5. 5 bolt pattern.What rims fit a Tacoma? ›
You can put 16-inch, 17-inch, or 18-inch wheels on a Tacoma.What is the biggest wheel size for stock Tacoma? ›
Largest Size on Stock Tacoma? The largest tire for stock a 3rd Gen Toyota Tacoma suspension is 265/75r16 or 265/70r17. Many guys have verified that these tires work with no rubbing whatsoever on our stock suspension.What size wheels are included on the 2023 Toyota Tacoma with the available SX package? ›
The 2023 Toyota Tacoma now offers Chrome and SX packages on its SR5 models. The Chrome package includes polished 18-inch wheels along with other chrome exterior trim. The SX package includes black 18-inch wheels, exterior badging, overfenders, mirror caps, and a unique bed graphic.What rim depth is best? ›
"Having evaluated many leading brands' wheels and having designing some in my bike-industry career, my recommendation for performance or race-focused consumers would be 40mm-50mm wheels. But, if a consumer is weight conscious, and doesn't like the feel of handling the deeper rim wheels, then 32mm is a good choice."Is a bigger rim better than a smaller rim? ›
One of the most significant benefits of larger wheel size is increasing the vehicle's stability because the wheels cover a wider surface area and increase vehicle stability. Larger wheels significantly reduce the braking distance, while smaller wheels require a greater stopping distance.What is recommended rim width? ›
For most standard tire sizes, the optimum rim width factor is between 0.8 and 0.9 of the tire section width for ideal performance and if the tire is used with lowest inflation pressure. For normal usage, tires work properly on rims from 0.7 to 0.95 of tire section width.How do you break in a 2023 Tacoma? ›
- Avoid Hard Braking For The First 186 Miles. ...
- Avoid Towing For The First 500 Miles. ...
- Vary Engine Speeds For The First 621 Miles.
The 2023 Toyota Tacoma comes standard with a 2.7-liter inline-4 that makes 159 horsepower and 180 lb-ft of torque. If you desire more output, consider the 3.5-liter V6 with 278 horsepower and 265 lb-ft of torque. Rear-wheel drive is standard; four-wheel drive is available as an option.Can I put 17 inch rims on my Toyota Tacoma? ›
Toyota Tacoma Wheels Size Options
We offer Toyota Tacoma wheels in two different 17 inch fitments: 17×9 with a -12 offset and 7×8.5 with a +0 offset.
So, if you're wondering if you can put 17 inch rims on your Toyota Tacoma, the answer is a resounding yes. The best part is, we stock every rim diameter, width and offset, so we can help you get the mean stance you want.What size wheels are on the Type R 2023? ›
The Civic Type R shows off 19-inch alloy wheels wrapped in super-sticky maximum-performance 265/30 ZR19 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires33.What tires come on a 2023 Toyota Tacoma? ›
Toyota Tacomas come stock with a range of tire sizes, including 265/60R18 tires, 245/75R16 tires, 265/65R17 tires and 265/70R16 tires. Most of these tire sizes are either 30'' tires or 31'' tires.Is the 2023 Tacoma different? ›
The biggest change for the 2023 Toyota Tacoma is the addition of a new trim level. The Nightshade edition inserts itself toward the top of the Tacoma range, which means its benefits from most of the features available in the small pickup.